HexaTier provides a unified database security and compliance solution for enterprises running their databases on Amazon Web Services (AWS) RDS or EC2. Utilizing a patented database reverse proxy, you can automatically discover and mask sensitive data stored in the database (e.g. SSN, credit card, emails and passwords), block SQL injections in real time, monitor database activity performed by admins and DBAs, implement segregation of duties, create rule-based restrictions for accessing, copying and detecting data based on user, IP, address geography, date/time and more.
Automatically discover your sensitive data location
Blocks SQL Injection attacks on AWS databases
Prevents unauthorized EC2 and RDS database access
Monitors access and activity on AWS databases
Masks data in real time to the column level
Database Compliance reporting for HIPAA, PCI,SOX and more...
Why HexaTier for Amazon Web Services
HexaTier is the first software-based database security solution for Amazon Web Service’s (AWS) cloud database services, Amazon RDS and Amazon EC2. Installed as a front-end to the cloud database, the HexaTier solution fully camouflages and secures these databases and the data they contain.
HexaTier protects Amazon-hosted databases from SQL injection attacks and helps organizations secure sensitive information from unauthorized database access, enforce segregation-of-duties, mask sensitive data, monitor and audit data access and meet regulatory compliance requirements.
HexaTier’s unique solution inspects every command sent to the cloud database in real time, regardless of the source of the request.
HexaTier's unique Reverse Proxy approach is the only available solution today which provides Security, Dynamic Data Masking and Database Activity Monitoring (DAM) to Database As A Service (DBaaS) platforms, such as Amazon RDS.
Going beyond protecting AWS databases from external and Web-based attacks, HexaTier also protects databases from threats originating from employees, business partners and contractors.
HexaTier's solution is extremely easy to install, configure and maintain and can be up and running in a matter of minutes.
HexaTier Benefits for Databases on AWS
- Detects and blocks SQL injection attacks – Because HexaTier functions as a proxy between applications and the Amazon AWS database, the software is able to detect and block SQL injection attacks, the most prevalent database breach method in use today.
- Provides separation/Segregation of duties – HexaTier’s database firewall allows administrators to define granular permissions for viewing and updating individual database tables. Criteria for each permission may include any combination of user account, IP address, client application and time of day.
- Monitors and audits database access – HexaTier sends granular database access data to an external database in real time. Retaining detailed records of exactly who did what and when makes it fast and easy to perform forensics investigations and demonstrate regulatory compliance during an audit.
- Dynamically masks sensitive data fields – HexaTier can mask particular fields using a context-relevant template in real time, allowing developers, testers, outside contractors and even applications to retrieve data without gaining access to any sensitive information. Examples include credit card and account numbers (all digits are shown as zeroes except the last four digits), email addresses (everything before the "@" sign is masked) and financial amounts (all amounts are shown as 0.00).
- Generates compliance reports – A set of reports for common compliance needs are available out-of-the-box. Examples include database users with administrative privileges, users who didn't update their password for x days, users who have not accessed the database for x days, recent administrator actions, and reports of any time a user’s privileges were modified.
How to Deploy HexaTier Proxy in AWS Marketplace
How It Works